On days like these, I'm reminded of Garbage's song, I'm Only Happy When It Rains.
I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains...
I don't share that perverse sense of reality, but I like the different perspective, that challenges the view that every 'normal' person is supposed to have a sunshiny disposition. Whatever that means.
========================================
One lesson I learnt in Psychology 101. Some volunteers, other than giving a false name and a few other details to mask their identities, were asked to describe a few symptoms similar to that of mental patients, such as hearing voices. Other than that, they gave true details of their life, such as work, relationships with family and co-workers. Doctors sent these "normal" volunteers to mental institutions, ranging from a few weeks to six months, never declaring during all those periods, that their conditions were in remission or improved. The only people who had any inkling that these volunteers were "normal" were the other patients.
I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains...
I don't share that perverse sense of reality, but I like the different perspective, that challenges the view that every 'normal' person is supposed to have a sunshiny disposition. Whatever that means.
========================================
One lesson I learnt in Psychology 101. Some volunteers, other than giving a false name and a few other details to mask their identities, were asked to describe a few symptoms similar to that of mental patients, such as hearing voices. Other than that, they gave true details of their life, such as work, relationships with family and co-workers. Doctors sent these "normal" volunteers to mental institutions, ranging from a few weeks to six months, never declaring during all those periods, that their conditions were in remission or improved. The only people who had any inkling that these volunteers were "normal" were the other patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment