Saturday, October 21, 2006

Are you watching closely?

Over the weekend, I watched The Prestige, a movie about the rivalry between two magicians. The plot twists and turns, and it's fascinating to see how both men try to outsmart each other, although sometimes with bloody outcomes. The competition, of course, is for prestige, as well as the Prestige - the trick in the magic act - for their greatest act, the Transported Man. There are clues throughout the movie, but I did not manage to guess what the Prestige was. I would credit it to the movie being absorbing enough that I was content to follow the action.

I especially like the part where the little boy realises the bird is killed. He sees what the adults don't see. Are you watching closely?

*******

I saw the trailer for Casino Royale, and it looks good. This is coming from someone who has never seen a James Bond movie. The suave to the hilt image and endless liaisons give the character a very two-dimensional not to say sexist image. Bond fans have derided the casting of Daniel Craig as Agent 007 but I think he brings a more edgy and realistic feel to the character. We'll find out when the movie opens on Nov 17th.

1 comment:

sinlady said...

Can't wait to hear what u have to say about your first ever Bond movie. I simply cannot watch any Bond movie without gritting my teeth to stop myself from spewing really rude things.