Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Night Blues

I just started work on Thu, and I've already got the Sunday night blues. That sick feeling in the stomach, that tired feeling that surrounds you, when you know you got to work again the next day. I know, it's too early to be feeling it, but it's not fun having to work on Saturdays. Especially after not having to do it for 3 years, except for the rare occasions.

Having said that, I'm happy to have a routine back. At least, there is something to plan around. I'm just not so sure about the place. First, the whole world tells me the place is not a good place to be at. Then, it sounds like the unit gets all the crap work the other units should do but wouldn't do. Third, everyone there who's been there long enough is leaving. Except for the lady on maternity leave, the people there who aren't leaving yet, have all been there less than a year. All of which are very bad signs, reminiscent of the first place that I was in.

The ultimate bad sign was surely my boss coming over and telling me I can't listen to the Walkman at work. I only plugged in one of the earphones and was disturbing no one. I felt like I was going to go bonkers, with the tedious work that the department does, and the fact that people hardly chitchats because she can't work when it's noisy. No wonder people are leaving.

5 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

Oh no, not sounding too good. Can only say " hope it gets better"

sinlady said...

oh you poor thing!

wildgoose said...

Suzie Wong - Oh I certainly hope it gets better. Just heard today that the worst period is over. :P

Sin Lady - I'm ok. At least, not so green like before, and take things a bit easier. :)

Anonymous said...

Give it a few more weeks. If it doesn't feel right, look further lor... By the way, now that you are meat-eating (yeeaaahhh!!!), we need to make up for lost time ... Korean BBQ?

wildgoose said...

deevee 8 - Korean BBQ is fine with me. Where have you been?!!