Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Revelation

I was helping B to clean out his wardrobe yesterday. Must make space for me mah, come January. So start early so we can do it bit by bit and not be overwhelmed.

I had always been amazed how B get by with his what he has in his wardrobe. I mean he can wear the same five shirts week after week. The revelation came while cleaning out the wardrobe today. It's not that he owns so few shirts. It's that he never bothered to unpack some of the stuff since he moved house last year.

And I discovered that this man has about 101 pairs of cargo pant!. Ok. I'm exaggerating. Maybe about 15. But still.... They all look the same to me! Just different colours (hmm... Is this like women's obsession with shoes?). This wasn't what I expected.

As we went through the few bags of clothes, he kept saying, oh now I don't need to buy new clothes. He was genuinely happy with his "find". Let's just say that he got enough in those bags that he got tired of trying them on to see if they still fit and look good.

I wonder what I will discover at the next cleaning session.

7 comments:

sinlady said...

Getting to know you, getting to know ALL about you... LOL

Suzie Wong said...

Just continue to leave his things in the bag, I think we women will invade a lot more more wardrobe space!

wildgoose said...

SL - It is sooo fun. I gleefully threw away a card he wrote for his ex. He said "wait till I clean out your wardrobe for you!" Lol...

Suzie - Can't leave the things there cos otherwise there's no wardrobe space to put my stuff! the bags are in the wardrobe right now.

Anonymous said...

hahahahah. i can 'visualize' what you're doing! i had to throw out things that he didn't want to make space for mine!!! so when we shifted to new flat, i 'choped' all space first!!!

Simone said...

Hmmmmmm. This ALMOST makes me want to clean out the wardrobes at home :)

In any case, it's a scientific fact, is it not, that women need more wardrobe space than men? :-)

wildgoose said...

Imp - that's good foresight. ;)

Simone - Agree! Now, he said it himself that he would give up 3 out of 4 cupboards for me. Hahah!

Simone said...

VERY GOOD, he is learning :-) That's the situation at our home, by the way. I have two out of the three wardrobes. And even that's not enough ... hahahaha!

We can never have enough space. Again, scientific fact. True story :)