I found this video on The Intelligent Singaporean. And I agree with Richard Feynman's point of view.
You don't always need to have an answer.
In fact, I think the process of finding an answer, even if you find none in the end, is more important. The need to have an answer - to find the answer - is tiring. Even more so, the proclamations that one has the answers, or the vicious glee in knocking down hypotheses of others. They serve no purpose, except to swell the egos.
In fact, I think the process of finding an answer, even if you find none in the end, is more important. The need to have an answer - to find the answer - is tiring. Even more so, the proclamations that one has the answers, or the vicious glee in knocking down hypotheses of others. They serve no purpose, except to swell the egos.
4 comments:
Is that what he is saying?
No. My two cents worth following what he said. :p
I agree that the process is often more important than the answer itself. And a fruitful process will actually set you on further quests to seek insights into matters beyond the initial "answer". Kinda like those Russian dolls which open up to reveal another doll and another doll and another doll...
OK, end of sugar-induced ramble. Hahahaha!
Simone - oh I like the Russian doll analogy. very true.
Post a Comment