Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rant: Idiot Drivers

I need to rant. I have had my class 3 driving license for almost 10 years. Except for one very minor brush when I didn't brake in time and hit the car in front, I have not had an accident. Even then, the only damage the car in front suffered was a broken number plate. Today, I had a real accident.

Moving from the traffic junction to the next segment of Balestier Road, the lanes ahead were merging lanes. The driver in the Mercedes on the left squeezed in from behind so it could be ahead of my car. I slowed down, resigned to the fact that there are plenty of idiot drivers like this in Singapore. There's no point fighting with them. But this idiot, probably the biggest of them all, swerved into the path of my car. His car bumped into mine but he didn't stop and just turned into Tessensohn Road. I didn't have time to look at his car number plate, but I saw that his car was fine so I continued driving.

It was only when I reached the office that I realised I had some real bad scratches on my car. Now I have to go through the hassle of reporting to the insurance company. Now my car looks darn awful with all the scratches and it's through no fault of mine. Damned. I hope he has way more scratches on his Benz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! that is awful ! would it have done any good for u to stop and examine your car since the benz kept going?

Suzie Wong said...

Urgh! what an a**! So sorry for you, and your don't even know the number plate! I would have stepped on it and chase the fella, but i can imagine the traffic situation may not have allowed it!

Anonymous said...

oh no. maybe its a merc driver thing. they always seem to be road hazards.

wildgoose said...

SL - guess not unless I had given chase. :(

Suzie Wong - He turned off abruptly so it would have been hard to give chase.

edp junkie - I have noticed the same too... :P I have driven Merc before so I know it can feel very safe and almost invincible. haha...