I have to escape early from the office today. Two days ago, the diesel from the factory next door leaked and seeped into the carpet of our office. So the office had been reeking of diesel. It was getting tolerable today because we had been opening the window in the morning to let the fumes out - except that there was a meeting today at 5pm with external parties. So my colleague sprayed copious amount of air freshener to try to cover the diesel smell.
I can't stand any air freshener, be it for the car or home or whatever. It gives me a headache, a terrible headache. It's not the smell. It doesn't matter what kind of smell. It's just the stuff they put inside. Even for perfumes, I can only deal with a little of it at once even though I like them. Too much and it gives me a headache too. If it's overwhelming, even my nose hurts. It's an inconceivable problem to many; I've tried explaining to people that I can't deal with their car air fresheners and they give me weird looks. I don't bother anymore. Now, if a cab I take uses air freshener, I just wind down the window a little for fresh air.
Although I didn't feel my head aching yet, I could feel my energy sapping away from having to deal with the air freshener. It's a constant assault on my senses. So I made an excuse to leave early and flew home - before I get a full-blown headache.
2 comments:
hmmm...kinda like any perfume will burn my skin?
Ow... but at least not likely that anyone else will put perfume on your skin (except some pesky perfume promoters).
Post a Comment