Monday, August 18, 2008

No Consequences

I'm annoyed, upset. My car got hit for no good reason yesterday. The cab driver was not watching where he's going. And the first thing he said when I got off the car was that I wasn't supposed to turn into that lane, which is of course hogwash. I turned left into the third lane so he got two lanes to turn into, since I know many cars avoid turning into the first lane where there's a bus stop further up. And still, he rammed his car into the side of mine - from behind.

And now, I'm even more upset after reporting the accident. Because the cost of repairs is too low to make a claim. Which means he's getting away with no consequences after causing the accident, causing undue stress to me, wasting my time making reports and sending the car for repair, and paying for the repairs. No consequences at all, except maybe for the cost of repairs for his cab. And he's covered for loss of income. There is something very wrong about this.

9 comments:

sexybeastinpink said...

Police report must file one la. Did you inform your insurance, even if you are not claiming? I must warn you that cab drivers have a nasty habit of hitting people, then making a claim against THEM months later. So, beware.

wildgoose said...

sexybeast - I went to the workshop and the guy say no need for police report since no one injured... So merely report to insurance. Can't claim 'cos the amount is below the excess...

sinlady said...

oh drats! i'd be pissed off too.

wildgoose said...

SL - pissed off is the word.

Anonymous said...

hmm.. be careful. cab drivers are very well protected by their companies, cos i guess they have accidents everyday. better file report!

Anonymous said...

better check, seems like they changed the rule and must make police report now. I think it's to prevent those sudden touts who appear out of no where to offer tow, repairs etc.

wildgoose said...

edp junkie, suzie - already made a report at a workshop authorized by the insurance company. Should be safe 'cos it's the workshop that said no need for police report. Just have to file report within 24 hours of accident.
http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Faq/reportfaq.htm#noninj

Aelgtoer said...

Yep they changed the rules for langa cases now to minimise cases where workshops fraudulently over claim for purported work done.

I'm not sure about the procedure, not handling langa cases myself but hope things work out for you!

wildgoose said...

aelgtoer - well, seems like I could have made a claim, but the workshop didn't tell me. Probably to save themselves some paper work. But no big harm done, so it's fine. :)