Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why?

I received a gift - some seeds - from the ex. Saying "the ex" is probably wrong. After all, he wasn't the only ex. But I guess, the length of the relationship meant that it was a rather defining period of my life. The only reason I'm still in touch is that we have mutual friends. Once in a blue moon, we do see each other at gatherings and make some small talk. But that was it. So it was a surprise when he said he had something for me from his trip.

I don't know if I ought to feel touched that he still remembers my favourite flower all these years. I don't feel anything. It's just "Why?".

9 comments:

sinlady said...

because you are still his favourite ex? okok, kidding aside, it is actually quite a nice touch leh.

Anonymous said...

hmm.. actually i do not understand how people can stay in touch with their ex-es, cos of the possible feelings (love-hate?!) it might re-ignite. but then again i do not have any ex-es to speak of. agree with SL tho, its a nice touch nonetheless.

wildgoose said...

SL - it is nice, just puzzling...

edp junkie - you married your first bf? lucky you! I can't talk to the ex actually but he tries to keep in touch. Maybe he has let go of the past more than I have. I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Wa! Is B aware? Hope he's the open minded type...I keep in touch with my first 'real bf" (the one i actually thot i would marry..lol) over on facebook. Recently he had his 3rd kid and when I saw the "baptisim" pic I got a shock...baptised by Spidee's uncle, as in quite close type of uncle! Fwah, small world.....! hahaha

Anyway I'm very evil, I rejoice to see my ex-es getting less desirable while I try to stay as "hot" as possible....hahaha! ok, u can believe it or not

Anonymous said...

wg: yes i married my first bf, believe it or not! can be good and bad, depending on how u see it. good as in i didnt have to kiss tat many frogs to find my prince. bad as in since i dont have any comparison points, how do i know for sure wat is good or bad? then again, if my ex sends me gifts, i will haolian to my husband for sure. hahaha...

sw: i know wat u mean! its like going to a gathering of your 'enemies' and discovering tat u still have the best watever...

Anonymous said...

edpjunkie - toads, not frogs. it's a tough and cruel world out there haha

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - that's how I felt when i was with my first ex. But I guess as long as you're happy, no need to think what might have been. :) I didn't haolian about the gift but now he has no excuse not to know what flower I like. =D

suzie wong - yes, B knows. He's more relaxed about the whole thing than me. :) But wah, you really still mad at your exes. hahaha... I just have no wish to see them. But of course, must show that you are living as well as, if not better than, with them.

Anonymous said...

HUH? why buy u seeds? why buy u anything??!! keeping in touch now and then because of mutual friends is one thing. being specifically nice to u is another. it's kinda, UGH.

wildgoose said...

imp - I know, esp since he's attached. It's plain weird to me.