Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

I thought I was getting bored with the cartoons screening lately. I used to enjoy them because they have good storylines, are entertaining and you don't have to worry about a poor cast. But the last two had been rather blah. In fact, it took me a long time to remember that the last I watched was Bolt. Not memorable at all. The other was Wall*e. - somewhat didactic, and draggy in parts as well. Thought I wasn't going to watch the next one. Until I realise the next one is going to be by Hayao Miyazaki! I like his cartoons since I first saw Princess Mononoke. And I've watched many other of his films since.

The new cartoon seems more targeted for kids but the main character Ponyo is absolutely adorable. The theme song is now permanently stuck in my head: "Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo sakana no ko..."



I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha... we kept singing the ponyo song to our little tyrant. trying to look for the soundtrack ourselves.

wildgoose said...

It is very infectious, isn't it? ;) Maybe Popular might have the soundtrack? I bought a collection of Hayao Miyazaki's cartoons there.