Monday, December 08, 2008

Thoughts While in Pain

I'm typing this while the anaesthesia is slowly fading off, and the pain increasing in intensity. Looking at the extracted tooth which is perfectly fine, I wondered if I made a right decision. It makes no sense at all to my mom, who has a mouth full of fake teeth, why anyone would want to remove perfectly fine teeth. I thought about it long and hard in the weeks between the appointments too. I went into this knowing I don't want to do extractions. I told the orthodontist as much at the outset. But the results of having orthodontics are hard to predict, and refusing treatment that gives the optimum results despite having to endure the discomfort for two years didn't make sense either. So I went ahead. And I'm hoping this is the first and last extraction. Now I'm not even sure I want to contemplate mini-screws anymore.

3 comments:

sinlady said...

wasn't extraction of tooth to take care of overcrowding? what's mini screw for since you will not be replacing the extracted tooth.

wildgoose said...

extraction of tooth was 'cos teeth were not moving in right direction. Mini-screws are to bring the front teeth back so it's a different thing altogether.
The video wasn't very comforting.

Anonymous said...

sounds painful!