Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Storm in a Teacup

I was alerted to this furore yesterday by an ex-civil servant. While I agree that a person who has earn the money through their own honest means to do whatever they want with the money, it's the boasting that I cannot deal with. Especially the part about being a good leader, and being able to go away for five weeks. Nothing wrong with the fact of the matter; it's the tone that's offending.

I think, that man should just stop writing. The article wasn't even interesting. I just wonder, if the writing style in the Life! article is the same as in his book.


6 comments:

sinlady said...

it was a silly thing to do wasn't it? but so many of them are like that. i also baulked at someone else who described her family home as "shabby but comfortable" when it was a bungalow home with land at a time when most people still lived in shophouses and kampongs.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. SL, i know who are u talking about. well, hers is a single storey bungalow so for some people, it might be "shabby".

bottomline is that these people are not close to the ground AT ALL. it is like, 'economic crisis, so wat?'. at most downgrade from $2mio salary to $1mio salary lor. that kinda attitude.

and i cant believe that he wrote the article himself?! and i wonder why there was not any letter to the forum page about this.

wildgoose said...

SL - they're so comfortable enshrined in their ivory tower, they don't even realise how obnoxious they sound. I think this lack of awareness is even more sad.

edp junkie - as Mr Brown pointed out, ST didn't report the issue at all, Reuters did. And when I googled, the posts on CNA's forum on this issue were deleted too. They wouldn't have printed the letters even if there were any.

And maybe, he didn't write the article himself...

imp said...

on the festive note, to more good homecooked food and laughter! happy moo year wildgoose!

wildgoose said...

imp - thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

just a thought, maybe he is cooking up a fest a ls cordon bleu this festive season.

happy new year!!