Went to the bank and got the new notes for stuffing angpow today. Relatively short queue at the bank too. I know money is money. I was just intending to withdraw any small notes, new or otherwise. So it was a bonus.
And yes, I finished stuffing the red packets above already. Can you tell I'm excited about the lunar new year coming? It's the only major festival my family celebrated at home and as a kid, it's always exciting to buy new clothes - which we really only bought once a year - decorate the place, buy the cookies and of course, to receive angpows. So lunar new year will always have a special place in my heart.
Now, I just have to start decorating and buying the new year cookies. Have you started yet? :)
And yes, I finished stuffing the red packets above already. Can you tell I'm excited about the lunar new year coming? It's the only major festival my family celebrated at home and as a kid, it's always exciting to buy new clothes - which we really only bought once a year - decorate the place, buy the cookies and of course, to receive angpows. So lunar new year will always have a special place in my heart.
Now, I just have to start decorating and buying the new year cookies. Have you started yet? :)
6 comments:
CNY very senang for me since i ignore mother's demands :)
Heh... I don't have to do anything either, other than visiting. But it's nice to decorate a bit to have the mood.
we actually put up a red banner at the front to create a sense of festivity. tried going down to chinatown too, but it's chaotic
edp junkie - i was lucky to finish a meeting early in the area yesterday so I was there before the crowds arrived. But I think I need more "jian zhi" to make my room more festive.
i highly recommend yangyang cookies :)
Qween - will try to get to Orchard this week!
Post a Comment