I've just finished two weeks of yoga training: 5am mornings and between two to five hours of practice each day. Surprisingly, I was most tired on the days off in between. Maybe it's the mind that has switched off, which makes the body more tired.
It's also the the credit of the teacher, that he sequenced, and taught us to execute the asanas in such a way that we feel refreshed after the class. Many times when I practiced at home alone, I ended up feeling drained. And I definitely feel more motivated to continue a daily practice now, in a way that the previous 9-day intensives didn't. It's not like the rush of initial enthusiasm but feels more enduring; almost like a renewal of faith.
It's also the the credit of the teacher, that he sequenced, and taught us to execute the asanas in such a way that we feel refreshed after the class. Many times when I practiced at home alone, I ended up feeling drained. And I definitely feel more motivated to continue a daily practice now, in a way that the previous 9-day intensives didn't. It's not like the rush of initial enthusiasm but feels more enduring; almost like a renewal of faith.
8 comments:
good for you!
:)
respect!
Suzie - because of the 5 am mornings? You will wake up automatically if you see the frown on my teacher's face if any one is late. hah!
wow, where do u find the time? im impressed.
edp junkie - take leave! haha.. That's for the workshop, but now I try to practice for one a half to two hours a day. Still working out the timing.
Hmm I'm impressed by your sheer willpower to see it through. But if you feel better after going thru all that, that's even better :)
aelgtoer - the willpower does not always work. So making tweaks here and there. But definitely feeling better. :)
Post a Comment