A mutual friend told me today, that the ex has gotten engaged last month.
Friend asked, didn't he tell you?
I said, no. I un-friended him on FaceBook, remember?
"You mean you un-friended him totally?"
"Well, I don't contact him and I guess he stopped contacting me after I un-friended him on FB."
Now I wonder, if I could have been more gracious about keeping him as a friend on FB. He had married someone else 8 months after we broke up. A few years ago, the wife wanted out while he was away on a year-long overseas training.
His attempt to be friends again could merely have been his effort to reach out to people, in a time of difficulty. Even if he was already seeing someone then.
He has clearly moved on since, and I am glad for that.
Friend asked, didn't he tell you?
I said, no. I un-friended him on FaceBook, remember?
"You mean you un-friended him totally?"
"Well, I don't contact him and I guess he stopped contacting me after I un-friended him on FB."
Now I wonder, if I could have been more gracious about keeping him as a friend on FB. He had married someone else 8 months after we broke up. A few years ago, the wife wanted out while he was away on a year-long overseas training.
His attempt to be friends again could merely have been his effort to reach out to people, in a time of difficulty. Even if he was already seeing someone then.
He has clearly moved on since, and I am glad for that.
2 comments:
this ex sounds too complicated leh. i think we all react what seems most right for the moment, whether it's un-friending on FB or tearing up all this pictures.
SL - Thanks. I'm just trying to think from the other perspective.
Post a Comment