Sunday, September 05, 2010

Choices

Heard from a male recently: "The later you marry, the shorter the period you have to stay monogamous." And another: "Men are not meant to be monogamous."

Why is it so hard for men to stay monogamous? I suppose I'm not male and I wouldn't understand. All I know is, the words are spoken as if women are not made of flesh and blood, and do not have desires.

Isn't our choices defined as much by what we choose, as what we give up? If there is no giving up, there is no choice to speak of.

4 comments:

sinlady said...

*sigh*. all those remarks are just juvenile drivel that immature guys want to pass off as real men talk.

don't get me started on them...

wildgoose said...

SL - Sometimes it feels like there's almost no men out there worth going out with.

Anonymous said...

agree. he sounds like he has yet to grow up! i think such a guy should just not get married at all - EDPJ

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - certainly, those guys shouldn't be married right now.