I finally saw Angelina on TV! She appeared for all of 2 seconds in an ad for The Dance Floor. Together with Belinda, they are competing in the Singaporean version of So You Think You Can Dance.
Having been an avid follower of the latter, I'm really looking forward to our own version of the show. It's amazing to watch how well the dancers execute the new dances they learn each week, oftentimes, forms that differ a lot from what they trained in. Although there is some measure of luck, in terms of the choreography they were given and the dance forms they picked, many excelled in whatever was given to them, making them truly versatile dancers.
Of course, the judges' comments also served to liven up the show. While I am not expecting Mary Murphy's humour (and giggles), I do hope our judges here show the same tact and diplomacy. More importantly, I hope the judges will give fair comments: admitting that they don't know a dance form if they really don't (like Nigel Lythgoe); being honest and constructive, even when it means giving negative comments when they have to; and most importantly, letting contestants go with positive comments. It would be too nasty for a dancer's career if they leave the show on a less than positive note.
And of course, it's exciting that a belly dance group is competing. So I'm hoping that they do really well and show the rest of Singapore what belly dance is about. I'm going to be cheering for Angel's and Bel's group, Gaia, with my hip scarf. And I need to start learning how to do the zaghret
. Cheer with me.
*The Dance Floor starts airing on 21st Jan, 8 pm on Channel 5.



Having been an avid follower of the latter, I'm really looking forward to our own version of the show. It's amazing to watch how well the dancers execute the new dances they learn each week, oftentimes, forms that differ a lot from what they trained in. Although there is some measure of luck, in terms of the choreography they were given and the dance forms they picked, many excelled in whatever was given to them, making them truly versatile dancers.
Of course, the judges' comments also served to liven up the show. While I am not expecting Mary Murphy's humour (and giggles), I do hope our judges here show the same tact and diplomacy. More importantly, I hope the judges will give fair comments: admitting that they don't know a dance form if they really don't (like Nigel Lythgoe); being honest and constructive, even when it means giving negative comments when they have to; and most importantly, letting contestants go with positive comments. It would be too nasty for a dancer's career if they leave the show on a less than positive note.
And of course, it's exciting that a belly dance group is competing. So I'm hoping that they do really well and show the rest of Singapore what belly dance is about. I'm going to be cheering for Angel's and Bel's group, Gaia, with my hip scarf. And I need to start learning how to do the zaghret
. Cheer with me.*The Dance Floor starts airing on 21st Jan, 8 pm on Channel 5.




5 comments:
Can't wait...
can just give me reminder when they on tv?
I'll try, Suzie Wong. I can be forgetful sometimes. :P
Ooooh, can't wait for that show. I too luuurve So You Think You Can Dance ... and even that rip-his-shirt-off fella who was booted out some weeks ago.
Oh Simone, I love watching that guy, Dmitri. If all Russian guys are so cute, I'll visit Russia NOW! lol...
Post a Comment