Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Busy as a Bee

Today, I really understood what is meant by busy as a bee.

I was home (sick again) and I saw the bees feeding on the pretty pink flowers of the starfruit tree right outside my window. It was a beautiful sight, to see the bees buzzing from flower to flower, so I decided to take some pix. But the busy bees always fly away just when I was about to shoot, and never stayed anywhere long enough for me to get ready. In the end, after more than 20 shots, this is the only decent picture I managed to get out of my point and shoot camera.
You may think that it's scary to have lots of bees buzzing right outside your window, but the bees usually stay out of the house - except for an occasional one that get lost in the night, mistaking the lamp for the sun, and buzz around disoriented until it drops from exhaustion. Besides, they're pollinating our starfruit tree, so now we only have to wait for the tree to bear fruits.

5 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

don't know who busier...u or the bee..hahaha

sinlady said...

national geographic nature photographer be your next job?

wildgoose said...

Suzie Wong- Definitely the bee. I gave up the shots long before they stopped work. :)

SL - nah. did dream of working for nat geo before though. So I could travel!

Simone said...

Oooh sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you're feeling much better now.

NICE photo. VERY NICE. I need to acquire some photo-taking skills to take pics half as nice as yours.

wildgoose said...

Thanks, Simone. I'm much better.
And I think having a good camera helps a lot with the pix. :P