Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fear and Trepidation

During Sunday's yoga class, my yoga teacher gave us a piece of good news. She wants us to attend the yoga intensive by Peter Thomson, her teacher, coming up in September. I am excited because that means she thinks we are ready to move on. Having gone through Peter Thomson's workshop last year, I know I will benefit much from it. In fact, just after three days of his workshop, I already found myself walking taller. And it can't get better than to learn from someone who had learnt directly from Mr Iyengar himself.

But as I was looking at the workshop programme, I felt fear creeping up. The workshop is from 6.30 am to 8.30 am from Monday to Friday. That means I would have to wake up latest by 5.30am? That seems manageable until I realised it's for 2 straight weeks! And Sat and Sun pack 5 hours of practice each. It's beginning to feel very daunting. And I'm sure, in the weeks to come before the workshop, my teacher is going to push us very hard. I'm bracing myself.

7 comments:

sinlady said...

wah - sounds jia lak leh. LOL

Suzie Wong said...

Kudos to those who this kind of willpower (i suppose that's what yoga is about?). Even if it were KT coates or jamilla conducting this kind of pole workshops here, I think I'd probably offer them more money to teach me individually.

Good luck

wildgoose said...

SL - It will be very challenging. But it's also fun 'cos we're learning the handstand now!

Suzie - Actually, I've never heard of individual classes for yoga. And I'm fine with group classes cos I can learn from others. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

the last time i tried handstand, i sprained my wrist, haha...

wildgoose said...

edpjunkie - Hope your hand doesn't give your any trouble now.
All the more I need to learn it in class. :P

Suzie Wong said...

i can help u with the handstand, against the pole that it...hee

wildgoose said...

Suzie - thanks but I can't even do it against the wall! Lol...