It rained the entire day on Friday. Thank goodness it stopped in the evening. We were wondering whether we would miss the screening of Breakfast at Tiffany's, organized by the National Museum of Singapore as part of its Under the Banyan Tree: Open Air Cinema screenings.
When we arrived at 7.45pm, a sizable crowd had gathered. The ground was damp, but nobody minded and happily spread out their mats and groundsheets. Some even brought pillows. We were not prepared and contended with sitting along the pavement.
We were full of anticipation when the movie started. Although the sound was less than pristine at times, it was surprising the sound of the traffic didn't intrude at all. Just two hours of 60s Hollywood magic.
The crowd applauded at the end of the show. Perhaps it was the feel good ending. Perhaps it was the cool evening air. I couldn't stop humming Moon River the rest of the night. Now, I'm spurred to watch the DVD of Capote that I've bought a few months ago, and to re-read Breakfast at Tiffany's.
The crowd applauded at the end of the show. Perhaps it was the feel good ending. Perhaps it was the cool evening air. I couldn't stop humming Moon River the rest of the night. Now, I'm spurred to watch the DVD of Capote that I've bought a few months ago, and to re-read Breakfast at Tiffany's.
2 comments:
Did u know that the "little black dress" was made famous in the opening scene?
Oh yes! Yves Saint Laurent, isn't it? The movie seem to have spawned a fair bit of cultural references. Didn't know Moon River is from the movie.
Post a Comment