Monday, September 17, 2007

Bad Dream

I had the most terrifying dream last night. I dreamt that my family drowned - almost everyone of them.

I tried looking up what the dream meant. One site said:

"Dreaming about drowning is common and it invokes fear. However, it may have positive significance. This dream suggests to the dreamer that he may be overwhelmed by unresolved emotions, old issues, or a current crisis. It suggests that a release of the old is necessary in order to emerge and begin anew. This dream serves to awaken the dreamer to embrace and to effectively cope with problems and negativity in his life."

"dreams about death signify much needed change in our lives. Such dreams typically herald symbolic rather than literal death. In this way, death dreams let us know that some part of the self needs to be radically reworked, whether it be one's attitudes, emotions, or relationships.

Though these dreams may be frightening and may linger in our minds for days, they do come to us in service, challenging us to grow and evolve. Like all dreams, the best approach to those of death is to work with them creatively, looking within to ascertain what is no longer needed in our lives, and to determine the direction in which we should proceed."Yes there's something bothering me the last few days, but it's not my family. So I don't see the significance. Yes, my life needs a change, but if this is what the dream is telling me, it's not telling me anything new. I don't know what it means but I'm disturbed.

10 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

I don't know what's been bothiering you, but take it easy girl. It could be dealing with the future changes that's affecting you, I don't know. But focus on the positive ok?

Suzie Wong said...

Ah....sorry, my typing is so bad, i mean "bothering"

wildgoose said...

Suzie - I understood you perfectly. :) Will focus on the positive. Just that if there's some meaning behind the dream, it sure came in a spooky form.

sinlady said...

I am totally clueless...

Suzie Wong said...

Nice blog layout

sinlady said...

you got banner up too :) Nice job. Did you have to use the online blog header maker thingy?

wildgoose said...

SL - doesn't matter. It just felt bad at that time.
Didn't use the online blog header thingy. Not checked it out yet. I used windows imaging to add words to the image and just insert pix into the header. Don't like the words though. Can't change it in imaging.

Suzie - it's just a new template. I did nothing except for the blog header. :)

Anonymous said...

well.. i dream of death all the time. and it IS spooky when it is of someone close to you. i read somewhere, when you dream of death, it doesnt mean death, it just symbolizes change and may not involve the person in your dreams.

anyone dreamt of your teeth falling out? i used to have this dream back when i was a teenager.

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - there must be lots of changes in your life all the time. :P
never dream of losing my teeth but i know i once woke up and the loose tooth I had was gone and I couldn't find it anywhere. Probably swallowed it in my sleep. :P

Anonymous said...

eeks!

u know whats gross. finding it in your vagina. at least what a bbc report said.