No, not you. It's what I learned in the yoga intensive. I learned to jump from Adho Mukha Savasana (downward dog):
to Utthita Trikonasana (triangle):on one leg! Of course there are some move to transit between the two but it's too hard to explain here.
I thought I would land with a thump, but I didn't. I just felt light but managed to jump lightly even on the first try. The reverse was trickier but I managed to jump a little way without falling over.
Me am feeling very proud of myself. When I used to take ashtanga classes, I was struggling even after many weeks with the jumps without the preparation. It just goes to shows how well Peter prepared us for the asana.

8 comments:
wah. I am impressed...
Hee... it's really not that difficult. :)
Heh wow the triangle looks really hard to execute. ^^ Gratz on your achievement!
aelgtoer - Thanks. :) I can't reach the floor in the triangle though.
do your kneecaps hurt when u jump from pose to pose? mine does already..
edp junkie - my kneecaps don't hurt leh. In fact, a lot of my joint pain has gone away since I started Iyengar yoga. If they hurt, it probably means that something is not done correctly and you should stop. It's important to do more of the standing poses to strengthen the legs before going to the jumps.
must show me
Sure. :)
Post a Comment