Monday, February 11, 2008

Over-feasted

It's only the fifth day of the Lunar New Year and I already feel like I over-feasted. Steamboat dinners, yu-sheng, chilli crabs, and abalone with instant noodles. Not to mention loads of almond cookies (from Le Cafe) and pineapple tarts. I want to stop already. How is it possible to feast for 15 days? There's one more dinner tonight. Thank goodness it's for work and a stand-up dinner. It's hardly possible for them to keep piling on your plates and offering food. I hope so. You can only say no so many times without seeming rude. I'm glad I'll be wearing my A-line cheongsam. At least, it will hide the over-feeding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

I have one food pix after all. This shows some of the food my Mom prepared for the reunion steamboat dinner. The box with dark red stuff on the right is liver marinated with wine. Slurpp!! The fav of all the men - braised meat - was not on the table yet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am experiencing exact same eating marathon. i keep saying i will NOT eat so much tonight. then i overeat all over again. wait till u see the food pix i have :)

wildgoose said...

I don't have food pix but I OD again today anyway. Couldn't resist the desserts. :P

Suzie Wong said...

u have to start giving hong bao?

wildgoose said...

Oh yes. Is that a hint for an angpow? haha... Someone older than me tried to demand an angpow from me! I refused to give. :p

Aelgtoer said...

Heh heh the annual pig out fest, happy new year! :)

Anonymous said...

liver marinated with wine?!

Anonymous said...

btw WG, first yr for newly weds no need to give angbao!!!

wildgoose said...

aelgtoer - happy new year!

edp junkie - it's chinese wine I believe, but it's fantastic. :) I already gave the angpows. Too many different sayings going around, just give lor. Only to the kids I see anyway.