Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Doesn't Get Any Better

After learning yoga here for almost 2 years, we just discovered a great little eating place just round the corner. Harmonica player (or harpist) and I agree that this has to be the best fishball noodles we ever eaten. Harpist said it's got the "traditional" taste. I never understood what's the traditional taste. Maybe I'm just not old enough. But everything about it - the fishballs, the seasoning, the texture of the noodles, the soup - is great. Apparently, the stall owner has been making the fishballs herself the last 40 years.


All these for only $3.00. But mind you, this is not the normal portion. Harpist ordered a second bowl and the nice owner probably thought the first was not enough and gave him a bigger portion the second time round.


I can't read the Chinese name of the fishball noodle stall but it is at:
Thye San Eating House

Blk 9 Selegie Road

Ground floor (corner facing La Salle)
(S) 180009

The stall is open daily till 6pm.

If you are there, try the drinks (kopi, teh, etc.) and kaya toast from the coffee shop as well. They're excellent too.

5 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

ok, will try!

Suzie Wong said...

could it possibly be the one previously at short street?

wildgoose said...

Oh you're right Suzie Wong. It is along Short Street. Looks like you know the place already.

Anonymous said...

i think traditional taste means no ketchup in the seasoning. can't stand the fake ketchupy noodles.

wildgoose said...

SL - I love the ketchup taste leh. =P but i'll try it without ketchup next time. :)