Saturday, April 12, 2008

Can you believe it?

I remember loving to play jigsaw puzzles as a kid. I had many, and I had loads of fun playing with them until we had to junk them when we moved. Yesterday, I saw my nephew had new jigsaw puzzles in addition to the Thomas & Friends one I bought for him in Japan. I challenged him to see who can finish a puzzle faster. He took the smaller puzzle which was what he had in hand anyway. The winner gets a piece of chocolate. 

Shortly after we started, he started to tell me he's finishing. I told him, "Hah! You playing bluff is it? How can it be so fast?" I smugly continued on my puzzle, not looking up. I was only halfway through when he showed me his puzzle. He's completed his! I actually lost to a three year old at a jigsaw puzzle meant for three year-olds! Granted, my puzzle is slightly bigger, but I'm ten times his age! 

Seems like age does not necessarily make you smarter. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. been reading parenting books, all tout that kids are really really smart. just that they cant really communicate through words yet.

sinlady said...

LOL...

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - i totally believe that.

SL - so malu right? hahaha....

Suzie Wong said...

i get embarrassed talking to my niece sometimes, have to ask "what is that" when she mentions some obscure term i never heard off

wildgoose said...

Suzie Wong - it's generation gap; not that they're smarter! :p