Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mercy

If I could, I would have this song on all day. Yes I can be pretty obsessed with songs I like by putting the song on repeat mode for hours. Despite the lyrics, this song makes me want to get up and dance. I just love the retro groove of this song, and that voice. Maybe it's the influence from hearing the man play the blues, but I find myself so addicted to this song.



And after listening to this song, I declare myself a fan. Mercy, more please, Duffy.


5 comments:

sinlady said...

i could almost see/hear aretha franklin doing this number. i like :)

wildgoose said...

SL - I'm not familiar with aretha franklin but yeah, Duffy has been compared with some of the great singers. I kind of guessed you'll like her singing. :)

Suzie Wong said...

yes! I am learning this song cos I love it so much. got a friend to record for me and he commented he didn't see the appeal of this song. then today i could repeatedly hear him playing this song on his laptop..haha

wildgoose said...

Suzie - would love to hear you sing it. The song does grow on you. :)

Aelgtoer said...

Great song :) And I know what you mean about how a song grips you and you can just have it on repeat for hours ^^