The man's friends were performing at Mel's Place last night. While I enjoy blues music, I am after all, not a musician. I don't get the nuances (what reverberation?). I was contented with tapping my foot - for a while.
So after that little while, I had to ask the bluesman, "So do people dance to blues?" Of course, he said. But he refused to show me how people dance to blues. So I had to look up YouTube.
So this is blues dance! That explains why the man refused to demo. :)
I wonder why the blues music joint here don't promote the dance. It looks like fun. Besides, where the ladies go, the men will follow, no?
4 comments:
looks fun! but its definitely one of those where only your man can be your dance partner
otherwise, war!
hmmm - looks like u either can dance to the blues or u can't. not something to learn.
i thought it was a hybird of ballroom, line & dirty dancing...and agree with edpj, i only wanna dance with the love of my life.
anyway i don't think i'll ever like couple dance, that's why i chose the pole! :D
edp junkie - I agree. It looks even much closer than argentine tango. Except that I don't think I'll get the man to learn any dance.
sinlady - agree that it doesn't look like something you pick up just like that. Probably need a good feel for the music to begin with.
Suzie Wong - maybe you just need to give it a try!
Post a Comment