Monday, August 04, 2008

What shall we have for lunch?

It was a lazy Sunday today cos the man skipped yoga class (his stomach has been rumbling). We woke up in time for lunch;  it's another one of those "where shall we eat" time.  I was thinking wanton mee again (though I wasn't too keen after finding a snail in my noodles the last time). The man suddenly thought of T3. It has been in the news lately for the lack of business for the retailers. I was happy to go somewhere new, and not have to drive since it's easily accessible by MRT. In fact, the MRT took a mere 20 min. 

Once there, you see the expected students studying in fast-food outlets and the three generational families on their weekend jaunts. The place wasn't empty but it's not going to be crowded like downtown either. Simply because there isn't a big selection of shops. But the lack of crowds is the attraction for us. We spent a leisurely couple of hours having tea and reading the papers at Ya Kun in relative quiet, browsing in the bookshops (got a copy of American Vogue), found an interesting toy shop, and bagged a steal at Blush! 

Given that I buy presents for my nieces and nephews four times a year, I think I would be back again. Plus, we are really curious to try the fried chicken at Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits. That place was packed even at 2.30pm when the lunch crowd should be long gone. Think we found a weekend lunch spot. 

7 comments:

sinlady said...

aiyoh - read american vanity fair lah

Anonymous said...

sounds like u and B have morphed into the typical married couple who has run out of places to go like we do!!! haha...

wildgoose said...

SL - don't have at the bookshop. I was actually looking for the French Vogue..

edp junkie - hah... you'e right. thank goodness for friends who tells/brings us to new places. :)

Suzie Wong said...

while i'm reading this, i'm muching left over satays spider brought back from a weekend BBD party which i could not afford to attend.....and the satays constitue my dinner tonight...now at 11.50pm! Guess u guys are a lot luckier than i. which also explains why i'm not participating in SL's recent 2 posts-food reviews. I just skip, cos of no use to me now lah! :(

Anonymous said...

suziewong - got this type of reasoning also har? join us next time mah.

wildgoose said...

Suzie Wong - you're doing what you love now. That's considered VERY lucky by most ppl's standard leh.
And I second SL to join us next time. :)

Suzie Wong said...

SL--heehee, yes this type of reasoning is termed "excuse"...haha, yah i better admit it first.

But really tired leh...working longer hours then before!