I'm glad I went to Roomful of Blues last night in the end. After all, my fav guitarist is back - for now. What got me going was a friend's desire to meet the blues men. He's been playing the blues guitar by himself and didn't know where to jam. So I suggested he meet the men at Roomful and follow up from there.
He not only met the guys, he played bass for the first time on stage because the bassist who's supposed to turn up didn't. While the music wasn't out of this world, it was good. And part of the enjoyment was seeing how much fun they have on stage.
It's a pity though that there may not be any place for the men to jam after this year. It's kind of confirmed that the place is closing down end of the year - after 10 years. I feel sad for the man. He's been playing there for so many years. It's not just a place to play music, but also to socialise and catch up with friends. While I don't frequent the pub, I've always liked the friendly, casual vibe. It's going to be irreplaceable.
He not only met the guys, he played bass for the first time on stage because the bassist who's supposed to turn up didn't. While the music wasn't out of this world, it was good. And part of the enjoyment was seeing how much fun they have on stage.
It's a pity though that there may not be any place for the men to jam after this year. It's kind of confirmed that the place is closing down end of the year - after 10 years. I feel sad for the man. He's been playing there for so many years. It's not just a place to play music, but also to socialise and catch up with friends. While I don't frequent the pub, I've always liked the friendly, casual vibe. It's going to be irreplaceable.
4 comments:
close? *gasp*. so how to pass the time on sat evenings?
SL - really don't know man... after so many years. And it may not be the only blues pub to bite the dust.. we'll have to see.
don't give up, create a demand with his friend and I'm sure someone else will see the opportunity of opening another one
Suzie Wong - hopefully.
Post a Comment