Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Very Busy 2009 & 2010

I've decided that I will be taking up the yoga teacher's training course. It's a rare opportunity: there are few Iyengar-trained teachers in town, and probably none that can teach a teacher's training course. And the teacher is likely not holding any teacher's training after this one because of the demand on his time and energy. The course will start at the end of Feb 09 and the assessment is expected to be at the end of 2010 or early 2011.

A daily practice is expected, and the only way to do it is early every morning. Many days by the time I reach home, I'm usually too tired and hungry from the journey from one side of the island to another. Not to mention that there is no possibility of a social life if I practice at night. But it also means 10pm bedtimes from now on. If anything, the lifestyle change is probably going to be the most difficult of all. No more late nights out. Any spare time will be spent reading on yoga to prepare for the theory tests and to cultivate the mind through the first two of the eight limbs of yoga.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! this is a big decision - requires discipline and lifestyle changes over quite a long period of time.

EDPJ

Anonymous said...

RESPECT!

When u get your license do u plan to teach? I got empty studio slots in the day :)

sinlady said...

i don't get it but then i don't get yoga anyway. still, congratulations!

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - it is. I'm still trying to digest the decision. hah.

suzie wong - we'll see in 2011!

SL - thanks! but not too late to congratulate me after I pass my assessment (I hope) in 2011.