I posted a link on my FaceBook about the Pink Dot and I got someone asking me if I'm LGBT. If you're on my facebook, you would know I'm married to a man, no? I didn't give a straight answer to the question (pun unintended).
I was in pink, and part of the Pink Dot, and that's as far as I'll go. And I don't care what you think of me, but to think that only the LGBT community would support the event is such a limited view and that's what truly irks me.
I was in pink, and part of the Pink Dot, and that's as far as I'll go. And I don't care what you think of me, but to think that only the LGBT community would support the event is such a limited view and that's what truly irks me.
14 comments:
I guess some people assume that unless one is gay, one would not support a gay event or speak up for those who are gay.
Thank you for not being afraid to show your support for gay friends and to speak up against ignorance. I gives me the warm fuzzies. :)
sexybeastinpink - now you're giving me the warm fuzzies. :)
what to say? plenty of ignoramus out there.
SL - ignoramus or deliberately close-minded? I don't know which.
it's like how people think malay = muslim.
sometimes people ask me if i am/was ever a lesbian since i hang out with some, and doubt my sexuality despite knowing that im married with a kid! honestly its so commonplace nowadays and its been around since the dawn of history so wats the big fuss?
imp - And that's one that irks my friend who's a muslim convert. Her colleague told her: "But you're not malay!" hahaha...
edp junkie- crazy, isn't it? some people can't see beyond a few lines in a book and think for themselves.
oh you were ar hong lim?
suzie - I was. were you? I saw your student in pink dots. :)
I am very close to this butch-looking gal fren of mine from poly. THere was once we decided to test the reaction of the public on "purpose" on busy orchard road.
So, we walked along the road holding fingers. The last finger.
There is this idiotic man with his pathetic galfren falls for it.
He directly and loudly comment behind us " I HATE L, L ARE SO DISGUSTING"
We turn back, and told him, we are not. We are just trying to see who is stupid enough to fall for this trick. And he walked away. I hope with the feeling of being the most stupid person in singapore.
People like him, who thinks they are so damn bloody upright, deserves to be told off
dancing bunny - it's fun to mess with people's minds once in a while, isn't it? ;p i'm just not sure whether it will change anything.
hi wild goose, hahaha, that was many years ago, when I just graduated from poly. After so many years, the mentality has not change a least bit. So I think its not gonna change. BUt I hope these people, do at least have some self respect for themselves not to throw their weight about thinking they are the most decent people around. They are the ones that totally disgusting
wild goose, I am in the same yoga workshop as you. Am trying to figure out who you are, until you mentioned your man is a botak in a previous blog entry.
Nice meeting you at the cyberworld.
Bravo WG! Why can't people be as sensible and open-minded as you? :):)
Post a Comment