Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cool Treats

Finding a place to go which is not overly crowded is a challenge during the weekends. I avoid town area, if possible. So the man and I have happily hopped on to the MRT and travelled further east recently. Of course, we had to go to Tampines 1. That's where Uniqlo first opened. But even better than visiting Uniqlo is discovering this sweet treat inside Kopitiam on level 3.

The first time we visited Kopitiam, I saw the sign for the chendol only after ordering my drinks. And then I noticed that almost every table had a glass of chendol. The second time we were there, same thing - almost every table had a glass of chendol! We had to try one each.



And I love the taste. It's almost as good as the one at the Peranakan restaurant edp junkie brought us to. I love that they used two different types of red beans which give an interesting texture. It's just a tad too sweet for me, as I'm not a lover of gula melaka. Second time we had the chendol, we decided to share one glass which worked out just fine for me.



Be warned that there will be a long queue during meal times.

Drinks stall in Kopitiam
Level 3 Tampines 1

7 comments:

sinlady said...

oooh, now can add Tampines to my afternoon mall exploration.

wildgoose said...

SL - worth it just for the chendol. :) yes, super big straws so you can cool down faster!

suzie wong said...

the mall is called tampines 1? ok i want to go, but i just wonder they have lot 1, tampines 1....so creative!

wildgoose said...

suzie - oh yes, it's Tampines 1, not Tampines Mall. Just realised I typed wrongly.
The owners are not very creative lor. That's also central mall, central square, the central... =P

Anonymous said...

i tot tampines is also one mad house like orchard too.. honestly i havent got ard to exploring the mall, but will definitely watch out for the chendol :)

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - it can be. although tampines 1 has improved a lot since it first opened. I don't bother with the other malls since I don't know of any thing special there.

Anonymous said...

oh i must say that the chendol is indeed very delicious! i finally tried one at the fancy kopitiam - they called it kalatan or something.