Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hitting the Pause Button

I've been so busy, I wish I can push a pause button on my life some days. I'm glad I have absolutely nothing planned this weekend. I thought of catching one of the many promising movies showing in theatres now but braving the weekend crowd doesn't appeal to me right now.

But it has been all good. I am having fun with contact improvisation. Yong has been an excellent instructor and I had great fun at the first jam I attended although I grazed my knee ('cos I didn't get knee pads as I was told to). I'm trying to build up my yoga practice again, after stopping and resting for quite a bit since November. And now there is real incentive to build up my practice in preparation for the Bali retreat in May which will be doing very strong work based on backbends and inverts that I love. This is much more exciting and motivating than an exam.

And there are so many yoga workshops and music events coming up, I don't know which to choose, with the limited resources I have. But at least, now I feel like I'm living a little.

4 comments:

sinlady said...

i looked up contact improvisation in youtube. looks like something you would enjoy.

happy to know you are busy but otherwise doing well :)

wildgoose said...

sin lady - yes, I'm having fun with contact. Unfortunately, I've been ill with too much going on and not enough rest. Been resting the past 3 weekends. Now got to restart again.

Anonymous said...

bali in may will be great! enjoy! - EDPJ

wildgoose said...

edp junkie - thanks! :)