Monday, May 16, 2011

Back from Bali

After two weeks of yoga, much organic food, and occasional massages, I swear my face was glowing last night when I looked in the mirror. By this morning, the glow seemed to have dissipated. Maybe sleeping in an air-conditioned room (finally!) dries out the skin. While the two weeks were tiring, I feel rejuvenated too. Maybe it's the focus on practice. Since we had very intermittent access to the internet, and it was mostly too inconvenient and tiring to go to town often, time was spent very simply. Yoga, meals, a little shopping and wondering around town, and an occasional massage or facial. And a little reading before bedtime. I didn't miss Facebook or my emails. And I didn't access Google Reader at all. I only miss talking to and being with certain friends. It made me realized that it is possible to live without a lot of the entertainment in modern life which translates to a lot of time saved for really important things.

If not for friends, I almost didn't want to come back. I wonder how long this little glow I still have would last.


3 comments:

imp said...

and really, this is the best sort of vacation. truly a proper one.

sinlady said...

hey, i miss you lah. it is the contrast in lifestyle that makes the retreat so much more meaningful.

wildgoose said...

Imp - it is. Thanks for stopping by, despite my absence. :p

sinlady - i miss you too. :D The contrast makes the difference, but it almost makes me wish I could live in Bali, although it may be very different to live there.