Sunday, October 09, 2011

Looking for Elegance


Perhaps it's all due to the dissolution, but for a long time, I didn't want to be seen. While I had wanted to have my hair short for some time, it was a deliberate decision to have it really short. It's saying, don't see me as a woman in want of attention from a male. And right now, this feels more me than my long hair self.

I have at times deliberately dressed like a boy too, to avoid attention. I've also been looking for looser fitting tops, long skirts and dresses; clothes that don't scream my sexuality. The hunt has not been very successful.

So I was really glad to see this presentation.



Rick Owens' vision for women's clothes really speaks to me right now: "Stately elegance is about the opposite of sex. The clothes obviously follow a certain shape....They are not completely rejecting sex but it's kind of ignoring it in a very cool way (I hope)".

I love his sense of aesthetics, and I'm going to keep a lookout for this look.

2 comments:

sinlady said...

yup. feels and looks like you :)

wildgoose said...

Sin Lady - :)