Some of you would have received my email already. If you, like me, agree we should do away with Section 377a, please sign the petition letter before 19 Oct 07. I did.
You use your full name to sign the appeal letter but you can use a display name which is what appears on the list of signatories. I guess there is still fear that you will be found and "marked"....
in a way, maybe. But maybe also I won't know how to explain to the next generation if they ask me "Auntie, why are these 2 men hugging & kissing?"...Lol, ok, sorry to some of the readers of the community, but that's only me!
i think its so impractical to have the code anyway..
like no oral sex at all (recently allowed for heterosexuals, but not for gays). com'on, how are they going to monitor it? like install cameras a la Big Brother style?
just like u can annul your marriage within a year if u dont 'consummate' your marriage.. i think we all know that the man is most probably gay if he doesnt attempt/want to do more than kissing before marriage, not say after...
edp junkie - agree that the code is archaic. All the more reason to remove it. Unfortunately, the decision makers may be from another time and removed from present reality. :P
will throw in my name for whatever good it might do. I am just disillusioned and disheartened over this. my take is that it is kept on the books so it remains an instrument of control.
SL - I agree. Who knows if they'll go on a witch hunt? But at least with a petition, they have to make it known to the public and to the world that they had said no - again.
I signed it(naturally). Though my view on this mirrors SL's. They've been going on and on about how they don't enforce the provision against consensual acts done between consensual adults in private.
But they won't be removing it, why? Because it would offend the conservative majority. Right. Credit the majority of the 'conservative majority' with more brains than that.
aelgtoer - maybe we really overestimate the conservative majority. some of my friends don't even want to talk about homosexuality except to express disapproval. You can't have a logical discussion to begin with. What talk of brains? But it's not as if disapproval from the majority has ever stopped any govt policy.
11 comments:
I see many don't leave their real or full names
You use your full name to sign the appeal letter but you can use a display name which is what appears on the list of signatories. I guess there is still fear that you will be found and "marked"....
in a way, maybe. But maybe also I won't know how to explain to the next generation if they ask me "Auntie, why are these 2 men hugging & kissing?"...Lol, ok, sorry to some of the readers of the community, but that's only me!
i think its so impractical to have the code anyway..
like no oral sex at all (recently allowed for heterosexuals, but not for gays). com'on, how are they going to monitor it? like install cameras a la Big Brother style?
just like u can annul your marriage within a year if u dont 'consummate' your marriage.. i think we all know that the man is most probably gay if he doesnt attempt/want to do more than kissing before marriage, not say after...
Suzie - love is not enough of an explanation?
edp junkie - agree that the code is archaic. All the more reason to remove it. Unfortunately, the decision makers may be from another time and removed from present reality. :P
yah. imagine old men of the round table.
will throw in my name for whatever good it might do. I am just disillusioned and disheartened over this. my take is that it is kept on the books so it remains an instrument of control.
SL - I agree. Who knows if they'll go on a witch hunt? But at least with a petition, they have to make it known to the public and to the world that they had said no - again.
Quote WG "Suzie-love is not enough an explanation?"
Aiyo, aunty here already have difficulty answering niece why i don't stay home. Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have my own kids to answer to! Haha
I signed it(naturally). Though my view on this mirrors SL's. They've been going on and on about how they don't enforce the provision against consensual acts done between consensual adults in private.
But they won't be removing it, why? Because it would offend the conservative majority. Right. Credit the majority of the 'conservative majority' with more brains than that.
aelgtoer - maybe we really overestimate the conservative majority. some of my friends don't even want to talk about homosexuality except to express disapproval. You can't have a logical discussion to begin with. What talk of brains?
But it's not as if disapproval from the majority has ever stopped any govt policy.
Post a Comment