I was at .woodwould.. the other day when I was moved to pick up the book "If you are afraid of the dark, add one more star to the night" by Cooper Edens. I was intrigued the optimistic title. As I flipped through the beautiful illustrations, I was smitten. The illustrations were beautiful and it was filled with little gems of sayings like the title. It is a children's book for both the young and old, in the vein of The Little Prince and The Giving Tree. I enjoyed both tremendously; they are simple but filled with worldly truths.
Someday, when I have my own home, I want to start a collection of children books like these: Shel Silverstein, Cooper Edens. And perhaps Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway Tree and The Adventures of the Wishing Chair. I almost regret giving them away now.
Someday, when I have my own home, I want to start a collection of children books like these: Shel Silverstein, Cooper Edens. And perhaps Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway Tree and The Adventures of the Wishing Chair. I almost regret giving them away now.
7 comments:
wherever u live now is home. start now.
SL - the books I have are still at my mom's. There's no space here! Wait till I get some storage first. :)
Enid Blyton...i love them....miss those hard & colourful covers.
I used to have so many of those and also those Puss in Boots, Rumplestilskin etc, & think under the "Ladybug" series....too bad don't have them anymore
Suize - Oh ya. Those Enid Blyton hardcovers then are so pretty. The new ones in the shops now just don't cut it.
i just LOVE the Faraway Tree and the Wishing Chair. I so so wanted to be in that story! ;P
i miss my nancy drews and secret sevens!
imp - won't that be fun? :)
edp junkie - I like nancy drews too. So full of adventure. But somehow, I didn't read secret sevens.
Post a Comment