It's been six months since the wedding. Many people have asked how's married life? I always say, not much different. But let me try to count:
1. The week is busier because we try to eat home with the man's mom once a week, and I try to go home once a week. Plus, we attend yoga classes on different days, and he still goes for his jamming sessions every Saturday, and then we need time out together. And being introverts, we need to have time at home, away from people, sometimes away from each other too. Having many activities and meeting lots of people are just tiring for introverts like us.
2. I have to listen to his occasional jamming on the harmonica at home, which is fine except when he's practising the same stuff over and over, and depressing sounding stuff at that. It's the blues after all. So, to compromise, he occasionally plays in the loo. I don't make him play in there; he likes the echo in the loo.
3. I watch a lot more TV. The man must watch TV every day. And I used to be the only person in my family who doesn't have a TV in the bedroom.
4. I spent much more time in an air-conditioned place. The man can't function without air-con. I dislike it for making the air so dry, for making my skin so dry, and for making me thirsty all the time. And I'm a very thirsty person to begin with. I only used to have it on when I'm working on something, or when I sleep during the hotter months.
5. I have pets now - sort of. There's a clown fish that belongs to the man, and an African grey parrot that belonged to his late father. I thought I heard the parrot try to call my name today. And it only lets me - the newest member of the family - scratch its head.
I guess there aren't really big changes because we don't have to build a home from scratch. I still don't have to do my own laundry and cooking. :p For that I'm thankful.
8 comments:
i like the practising in the loo part, thanks for clarifying, for a second i thought we were so mean! haha...we "musicians" love the acoustics in there! heehee, i suppose it gives a new meaning to 'bathroom singers'
wah, so many more people involved in your life and u still say no diff ?!!
heehehhe. and when people ask me why don't i get married, i ask them what's the difference between marriage and livintg together. ;p
Suzie Wong - you too? :)
Sin Lady - if the fish and parrots count as ppl. :p I don't have to take care of them mah. But I can't exactly ignore them either. It's less people compared to where I come from.
Imp - hee.. I think, not a lot either. Although the process of getting married is *er hem* very good for getting to know each other.
imp...hmm...i think it's nice to be a "MRS"....hmm...still waiting...waiting....lol
You can buy a dehumidifier to add some moisture back into the air? I use it at nights. Me, I can't survive without air con.
true... i used to detest that when people ask me 'hows married life' cos im not sure how to respond, cos thank goodness, its only two of us living together. agree with SL, so many people living together, and u say no difference?! i tot its funny how B plays in the loo!
now everyone's asking me abt our impending new arrival to the family, so i dont have to answer that question anymore!
sexybeast - it just feels silly to buy a humidifier in humid singapore! but I think I need one soon.
edpjunkie - like you, I don't know what to say, so I just say not much lor. :p it's all the little details really.
you won't have to answer this question, but you will have others to answer! Like, "When is number two coming har?" :D
Post a Comment