Friday, November 07, 2008

Fly Me to Ecuador

I've cut my addiction. It's been easy enough. The thought of living with stained teeth (because it's hard to brush the teeth thoroughly with braces), and the below par tea (which is worsening) at the canteens Although now I seem to be replacing the addiction with chocolates and Milo. And Lindt doesn't seem to quite cut it right now. I would really love some fresh chocolcate truffles. But I know I'm greedy. I can't be eating Valrhona every day right? I wonder if I should try eating 100% cacao dark chocolate dipped in sugar as I've seen Venezuelans did on tv.

But what I really really want to try right now is Kallari's Cacao Nacional NY Times mentioned. Imagine chocolate that is "herbal, flowery but also savory, like black pepper". The mere thought makes me want to fly to Ecuador now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a cheaper alternative may be the japanese DARS chocolate from the supermarkets? i love ROYCE too...

sinlady said...

i think chocs are so much sexier, and i still love my coffee...

wildgoose said...

edp junki - Think i still prefer Lindt to Dars. :p I like Royce too although I haven't tried many of their chocs.

SL - Oh yes! Coffee doesn't give the same kind of high. =p choc and coffee together sounds yums too. :)

Suzie Wong said...

royce!!!!! yes! yumm...but i have to abstain from stuff that may make me sick this season....can't afford it!