It's been a week of emotional ups and downs. And I don't even know the reason. Nothing serious, and nothing to worry about, but last night was most restless as I kept having nightmares. And I know I had dreamt one of the dreams before, except that I don't remember it now. It's strange. I never used to remember my dreams until about a year ago. Maybe it's the time I have now. Maybe I'm not tired out mentally by work. Or maybe because it's because I have been practising yoga.
More than one yoga teacher had told me that we carry emotional memory in our bodies, especially in the pelvic area. So when we work out and stretch those ligaments, we release those emotions we have hidden and carried with us all these time, even if we told ourselves we have forgotten them. Maybe releasing them is the key to moving forward, moving away from the past that holds us back. If that is the case, it is worth the slight disturbance now.
More than one yoga teacher had told me that we carry emotional memory in our bodies, especially in the pelvic area. So when we work out and stretch those ligaments, we release those emotions we have hidden and carried with us all these time, even if we told ourselves we have forgotten them. Maybe releasing them is the key to moving forward, moving away from the past that holds us back. If that is the case, it is worth the slight disturbance now.
2 comments:
ooh, that's sounds weird! I have heard of weirder stories in relation to yoga practices (but again, there are so many branches of yoga), but something to do with the pelvic thingie is ...umm.....i don't know, can't explain. Then we belly dances better be able to release the emotions well......no wonder i always have recurring dreams, and always connected to what I'm anxious about for the day, eg. my pole dance shows etc etc, and best thing is i always remember them. maybe it has to do with my performances (i always hip-gyrate) you see.....
anyway, hope you feel better now.see ya at the hafla
Oh. Must share your weird yoga stories the next time. Never heard of any.
I'm ok now. See you at the hafla. :)
Post a Comment