After class two days ago, I mentioned to my yoga teacher the difficulties I had with my adho mukha vrksasana. Even after I get up (with help from another person), I couldn't concentrate. I could only either focus on my arms, or my legs, and not do both without falling.
My teacher wisely pointed out, before my workshop last week, I needed a lot of help just to get up into the handstand, but now I could almost get up against the wall myself. It made me realize how often we remember what we don't have, but forget to be thankful for what we have. Even a little progress is worth being thankful for, no matter that we have not gotten to our intended destination yet.
As Peter says, "little by little". Being thankful for every little bit is what will keep us going on the journey.
My teacher wisely pointed out, before my workshop last week, I needed a lot of help just to get up into the handstand, but now I could almost get up against the wall myself. It made me realize how often we remember what we don't have, but forget to be thankful for what we have. Even a little progress is worth being thankful for, no matter that we have not gotten to our intended destination yet.
As Peter says, "little by little". Being thankful for every little bit is what will keep us going on the journey.
3 comments:
i am never guilty of forgetting to be thankful. but i still like to bitch about stuff I cannot do like yoga and poledance :)
Woah! that's advance. Can do the handstan alright but against a wall or the pole, but how to you just get into this position like this?
SL - anyone can do yoga. :) it's a matter of approach.
Suzie Wong - I do it against the wall too! If you're comfortable with that, you can try with one leg off the wall first, then both legs. Important thing is to learn to lift your body up instead of kicking up so you can do it away from the wall eventually.
Post a Comment